Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby gifts for big boys?

So my nephew (he's my best friend's baby, so I get to claim him. so there.) is turning one this Saturday. I can't believe it! Of course I need the perfect gift. I've done pretty good so far. He loves the texture of blanket I made him. He also loves the soft chiming elephant I gave him, I loved it too.
While shooting for Pregnancy & Newborn magazine this month. This toy landed on my set.
I loved it! A mini veggie garden, it crinkles, rattles and it's vegetables. I wanted it for him and myself.

When I looked it up online, it said 6+ months. I had second thoughts. He's going to be 1 year old, after all. He needs toys that challenge him.

He loves books and loves when you read to him. I want to encourage his love of reading, just like my mom did for me. So I headed to the adorable Little Shop of Stories in Decatur and picked out 3 board books. If you haven't been to LSS, go! They were very helpful and even gift wrapped the books for me.

In a year or two, I'm getting him this.

No comments: