Saturday, May 09, 2009

Watching my garden grow


Today Jeff and I made this trellis and I planted cucumbers. I hope they get enough sun. I planted the cucumbers straight into the ground as the soil look really good in this area. I plan on planting lettuce and peas here in the fall (I think). I left the daylilies and cannas, I'm hoping their flowers will attract pollinators.

I planted zinnias in the veggie garden for two reasons. 1. to attract pollinators 2. in hopes that the bugs will eat the zinnias and not my vegetables! *Fingers crossed*

Green beans 1 week, I planted these seeds last Sunday. I think it is so cool to watch them grow!

Jeff made a really cool birdhouse out of a cedar fence post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea for trellising the cucumbers and peas! Looks nice.