Saturday, May 23, 2009

The impatient and annoyed gardener

The title says it all. I'm impatiently waiting for my veggies to produce. :) So I found other ways to entertain myself in the garden. I'm also annoyed at the aphids that are eating my beans to bits. Today I released 1800 ladybugs into the garden. That was fun! My little natural born killers. Go eat aphids! I found my ladybugs at Hastings for $9.99.



In other news we planted two heirloom brandywine tomatoes. These tomatoes average 1lb each! Excited! Any advice about growing heirloom tomatoes welcome!




Cucumber week 2



Tomatillos!



Homemade topsy turvy version 1.0



Then I did a little research and found out I would probably need a bigger container. Here is topsy turvy 2.0. I love it and can't wait to see if it produces fruit. :)

No comments: